Saturday, January 17, 2009

Seeing Stars?

Since we have moved in (almost 3 years ago), I have not purchased any decor for the house. First reason is that the nearest Hobby Lobby store is almost 50 minutes away. Secondly, I guess I was trying to save a little money? But I needed a new look, and began with my bedroom. The bedding was relatively expensive, but I did get the lamps for under $12 each (!), and the other decorations were inexpensive, too. But I liked the way the black, red and cream looked together, so I found some decor at Hobby Lobby last week that seemed to work for my living room, and the result is in the pictures. I like it! But my mom keeps asking me what my deal with stars is....I don't know. Maybe because stars are easy to find, and I always find them on sale! If I find any before pics, I'll throw them in.
I know this makeover doesn't include paint...I'm so scared to do that. I can't commit to a color, and my kids always get into the supplies and it makes me psycho. If I can't fathom how Mandy does these painting makeovers in a weekend, Lacy, I don't know how you're doing it with little ones!!





4 comments:

Leslie said...

Looks good!

The Garvie Family said...

You are a STAR!! I love everything. The bedding is wonderful and the stars are perfect for the room. I can't believe you got those lamps so cheap!! The fireplace looks great too. I love the jar of baseballs!! I always thought I would do that w/ Reece for his homerun balls...so far the jar is empty. You need to post more of your rooms...I enjoy them!!

Becky said...

You house looks really great - I think I need some of you young girls to come to my house and tell me how to "makeover" it. The fireplace looks nice, but do you really need one in Florida ? :)

Hilary said...

That all looks great! I am always afraid to commit to paint colors too. My house is always painted some sort of khaki/tan/brown-you know boring versatile colors.