Monday, July 27, 2009

First Swim Meet!

This past weekend Camden & Brooks participated in their first swim meet....and did really well! I was proud, especially of my Camden, who finished 2nd in her heat for freestyle, 3rd for backstroke & 1st for breaststroke. Her quote was, "Hey, at least I got all three colors--I got a red, white, AND a blue!" She competed so well, I just couldn't stop smiling!
And Brooks, well, he just goes and goes, and as usual, also made us proud! He had 2 first place finishes (freestyle & butterfly) & a 2nd place in backstroke. We didn't know when we signed up for the summer swim club that they'd have a meet, but it was nice to watch them compete in these strokes they've been learning. Anyhoo, hope you enjoy the pics!

OK, I'm biased, but that is one handsome boy!!

Peej jumped in & out of the pool all morning, but he wanted so badly to race, too!!

Second! How about those Speedos? :-)

Finished First!

Red, White AND Blue!! I'm so proud of my girl!!!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Swim meets always look like a lot of fun for the kids. I couldn't get Payton to participate, I think the 7 AM summer wakeups might have been the deciding factor for her though.

The Loves of Lacy said...

Sam they both look sooooo great out there!! HOw much fun!!

The Garvie Family said...

Way to go Brooks & Cam!! They did so good! I've tried to get my kids to join the swim team but have had no luck.