Thursday, July 24, 2008

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???!!!






We all know the adage, "If it's not one thing, it's another", right?  Well, "another" happened this morning.  This might have been one of the best mornings of the summer so far.  We all arose in a great mood...I fixed pancakes and veggie bacon while watching my favorite show Merv Griffin's Crossword Puzzles...I had almost completed cleaning the kitchen, was on my to make my bed and don a bathing suit to take my wonderful kids to the pool when, lo and behold, something caught my eye on TV.  OK, it was "Brooke Knows Best" on VH1.  So I watched for FIVE WHOLE MINUTES, and when the commercial break came, I turned off the TV.  Coming back into the kitchen, I asked the kids where Palmer was.  Nobody knew.  Bad sign.  I looked in the front room where he had been playing, and discovered he had SHARPIED the tile, carpet, walls, and baseboards...and as he rushed into the kitchen to see why I was screaming at the top of my lungs, I also discovered he had given himself a goatee and tattoos up and down his arms.  (Not to mention deciding to become a pirate during this horrific incident.) Needless to say, I need a Calgon moment.  So if your little one has stayed away from the Sharpies today, be thankful!!

6 comments:

Mandy said...

Oh my gosh! Are you going to be able to get that off of the carpet. I just want you to know that it sounds like something that would happen at my house, so I really did have to laugh!

The Garvie Family said...

It's really not funny...but I can't stop laughing!! As soon as I saw the first picture, I knew Palmer was involved. Good luck with the clean up!!

Annie said...

Isn't it funny how we can find joy out of someone else's children misbehaving?! If that would have happened to me I would have had to be sent to the hospital. I am such an uptight, anal person. I am trying to get better! Good luck on the clean up!

Leslie said...

Oh my!! I think our boys might be related. Austin used to do things like this on a regular basis, but last time with fingernail polish, 44 bottles to be exact. I hope you can get that clean!

BRITT said...

TAG YOUR IT...GO CHECK MY BLOG

BRITT said...

JUST A LITTLE FYI....IF YOU HAVE NOT GOTTEN THE MARKER CLEANED UP YET....TRY RUBBING ALCHOL IT WORKS LIKE A JEWEL AND CLEANS EVERYTHING....I BUY IT BY THE BULK!!!!