Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Fishin' at Hafer Park

My Parents!
Palmer was the true fisherman of the bunch...full of attitude!
Lazy days of summer with her Pops...Camden enjoyed taking it easy under the shade of the trees...
Jess tried her hand at casting...
Meemee's assignment was to help Palmer out...and she stayed busy with all the fish he caught!

I know I'm behind on blogging, and that everyone is probably sick of seeing the Sharpie incident (which, by the way, other than getting it off of the tile, the situation still looks the same), so I'm showing you my kiddos' new favorite pasttime---FISHING!  I took them to Wal-Mart to pick out a pole.  Camden chose Barbie, Brooks went with Spongebob, and Palmer had to have a Cars pole.  They practiced casting for the first couple of days.  (It was WAY too hot to go fishing!)  Then the day came.  I'm very thankful for my parents' patience, and for their helpfulness in taking the fish off of the hooks.  We fished with whole kernel corn, and caught a fish almost every time a hook hit the water.  Brooks caught 9, Palmer caught 9 and Camden caught 6.  What a day!

1 comment:

The Garvie Family said...

We are going to Hafer!! I can't believe you guys caught that many fish. We've NEVER caught a thing at our pond. Maybe the trick is the whole kernel corn?