Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Education Fair

Yesterday evening was the annual Education Fair at Hidden Oak Elementary. Since we live so close to the school, we decided to walk while the kids scootered/biked. As soon as we got there, Camden & Brooks participated in a 1 mile Fun Run. I wasn't sure what to expect, but they both did really well. Brooks ran his mile in 7 minutes & 4 seconds, and Camden ran her mile in 9 minutes & 30 seconds! Neither one stopped at all, and it just made me so proud! Then Brooks had his 3rd grade recorder concert. Very informal, but memorable, none the less. It was a terrific evening, and I'm really proud to have the kids at Hidden Oak!
Brooks & his buddy, Thad...still red-faced from running.

My Fun Run finishers!

Kids getting instructions from the coach.

School Marquee

On our way!

AND on a side note, I loved hearing all the responses to my 3 previous blogs. Glad to know that you still love me, Lacy, and that Candace would rather have a pic with Bob Stoops than the QB. And little Bill, tell your dad that the shirts are coming soon!! And Leia, I didn't feel anything SPECIAL, persay, just excitement. And when did you meet Chuck Norris, Lacy? He kicks ba-hooty! :-) LOVE YOU ALL! Have a great Wednesday!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Is it sad that Camden runs a faster mile then me? That's awesome that they both did that!! I would have been proud, too! I don't think I ran my first mile until high school :0

Becky said...

I just had to comment on your Tim Tebow post - how can anyone not love him, he is an awesome young man! How nice you can walk to school in nice Florida weather while we are laboring under blizzard conditions and it is almost April Whew! Congrats to Tim on his win record. Don't you love how I combined so many comments into one post :)